Many of you have learned from Ambassador training or from volunteering at the booth that sharing your stories with the public is great way for individuals to relate to our
Many of you have learned from Ambassador training or from volunteering at the booth that sharing your stories with the public is great way for individuals to relate to our mission.
You all have a unique relationship with the organization: some of you are Ambassadors, some also Citizen Scientists, members, long time supporters, board members, and more. From these volunteer experiences, many of you have great stories to tell and would normally share them at public events or markets. Since we can’t attend these types of events this month, why not share your stories and experiences over social media?
Throughout the month of July, you can film a short video of yourself sharing your experience and stories as a volunteer. The videos will then be posted to our social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) in August.
Guidelines for Video:
- Maximum one minute long
- Record in landscape view
Mandatory Information to Include:
- Your name
- The volunteer jobs that you do
- How long you have volunteered for
Recommended Questions to Answer (choose two):
- What do you love most about volunteering?
- What is your favourite memory as a volunteer?
- If you could share one piece of advice to someone who is thinking about volunteering, what would it be?
- If someone is not interested in volunteering but still wants to be involved in the work we do, what would you suggest?
- Do you have a funny volunteer moment to share? This could be a moment when something went wrong in the field that you and/or your partner now laugh about.
- Add your own!
The easiest way to send your videos is through WeTransfer. This program is easy to use and allows you to send files up to 2GB. Please send videos to Joelle at email@example.com.
Month Long Event (august)
Joelle BurnieEngagement Organizer(705) 330-9319