The Conservancy purchased this 20 hectare property in 1999 with funds provided by Amy and Dave Darker. The McDarker Wetland is a fine example of northern habitats from in the South Sparrow Lake area.
- densely treed by Black Spruce, Cedar, White Birch and a variety of other conifers on deep peat soils
- boggy conditions frequently experience spring flooding
- acidic soils support orchids and northern wildflowers
- home to resident Moose family, visiting Black Bear and Red Fox, Beaver and Muskrat
- nesting birds include Ovenbirds, Blue jays, Chickadees, and various warblers
Visit this Nature Reserve
No signage because of the sensitivity of the rare plants found here.