Status: Open to the Public, no Trails
Protected: May 27, 1998
Donors: Basil McIsaac in memory of his parents, Donald & Eva
Landscape: Black River Wildlands
Basil McIsaac donated this 34 hectare property in 1998 in memory of his parents, Donald and Eva McIsaac. Located in Ramara Township, this wetland is an excellent example of mature wooded swamp with standing water most of the year.
- part of Mud Lake provincially significant wetland
- this wetland area acts like a giant sponge, gradually releasing snowmelt and rainwater to St. John’s Creek
- mixed forest cover with white cedar, eastern hemlock, white birch, red maple and poplar species
- provides habitat for many birds, frogs, salamanders and toads
- regular sightings of black bears
- good populations of wetland wildflowers
From Orillia, take Hwy 12 east to Sideroad 20, turn left and follow north for 3 km +/-. Look for Conservancy sign on the left.