Adam's Nature Reserve
Just south of the Kashe Barrens, this 100-acre parcel was donated to the Conservancy in 2016 by Heather and Alec Adams, who owned and love the property since the 70's.
- old-growth upland forest has not been logged for over a century
- many large specimens of Hard Maple, White Ash, Red Oak, White Pine, American Beech and Eastern Hemlock
- soil is deep moist clay and sand, ideal for tall, straight, healthy trees
- nesting area for Scarlet Tanagers, Black-throated Green Warblers, Broad-winged Hawk and Pileated Woodpeckers
- Indigo Buntings and Mourning Warblers nest along woodland edges
Visit this Nature Reserve
Best time to visit: Year-round, but the bugs get bad in the spring.
Address: 1900 Coopers Falls Road, Washago, ON L0K 2B0